Friday, February 24, 2017

The President and "fake news"


On February 24, 2017, the newspaper latimes.com/opinion publish an article title "Watch what Trump does about the media, not what he says" written by Michael McGough. I am assuming this article is intended for the general public.  This article caught my attention because I have never heard a President call the news "fake news." Mr. McGough starts by discussing how the President Mr. Trump use to used murky sources and now is telling the media they should publish their sources name. Nevertheless, Mr. McGough made an important point how journalist have been kill and imprisoned to inform the public and that they are not the enemy of the people. Is interesting to me how the President said quote" A few days ago, I called the fake news the enemy of the people,". In a certain way, I agree with Mr. McGough that the President should let the media do their job and not call the enemy of the people. I personally believe that if one is aware of what is happening on the political world one can make the decision if the news is fake or not. Also, if we are going to call or said the news is false, we should back it up with something else.  In my opinion, if a new is fake the source should not matter. The President is spending to much time calling the media the enemy of the people. How long as the journalist do everything under the law he should let them? Just because he does not agree with some of the stories should it be considered dishonest people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment